America





 America........ how I pray for Her...........in recent days there have been displays of violence, unrest, hatred.......... our country needs Jesus.

As a parent, what can I do? I look at the faces of my children and realize that they are growing up in an America that is different from the one I grew up in. Much has changed in 34 years and more will change as my children continue to grow....... but what can I do to help those 'changes' be for the better?

I can pray...... I can pray for my country, I can pray for our leaders in local government and for those in Washington........ I can pray for my pastor as he takes a stand and preaches THE ENTIRE WORD OF GOD, not just what will make people happy or is 'politically correct'. I can pray for those who choose to express their viewpoints in ways that bring harm and fear and pain to others.......

I can teach...... I can teach my children.....in Deuteronomy 6:6-7 I am reminded, "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." So, basically, ALL THE TIME, I should be teaching my children about the 10 Commandments and the words of the Bible.

If I am diligent to teach these things to my children, then maybe, just maybe...... they can affect the world with these changes and in doing so, show the love and grace of Jesus to America, where He is needed so desperately. And I myself can be reminded that these teachings apply to me as well because in order to teach these things to my children, I need to know them for myself.

Jesus said in John 13:35, "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." Are there times we don't agree? Yes. Are there times when we are upset at the things that are happening around us? Yes! But we can love others, regardless of if we agree with them or not. Because this is how the world will know that we are followers of Jesus, if we LOVE one another.

And when I find that it is hard to love someone, I know that I can pray and God will help me to love, in His strength.  In closing, I'll leave you with this quote that our pastor in Idaho said on Sunday morning....... "You will never lock eyes with another person who does not bear the image of God."


Comments

  1. LORD, may we poses that with which we desire to endow.

    I think Jn 13:35 is referring to christian's loving each other, but there are plenty of verses that tell us that we are to love everyone:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry

You are not God's answer for everything

Forgiveness