Directionally challenged?





For those who know me, truer words were never spoken. I am quite possibly the most directionally challenged (did I just make up a new word?) person you will ever meet!  I don't do North, South, East and West. My language is 'turn left at the Wal-Mart' and 'look for the purple house on the corner'.

And if I were a pilot, this would be my story, flying 3,728 miles IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! http://jalopnik.com/comically-bad-pilot-flies-3-728-miles-in-wrong-directio-1786325555.

Fortunately for me, I'm not the pilot in the family; that would be my amazing husband who is MUCH better with directions than I am :-)

For example, I tried to give someone directions yesterday, and after I got off the phone, I told hubby that he should call back to make sure my directions were correct (which they weren't!). Thank goodness one of us in the family knows how to get places without getting lost....... did I mention that my GPS and I are best friends?

Anyway, this situation got me thinking about God. He NEVER gives wrong directions for my life..... He always know which way is best, even if I don't want to take that road. In Proverbs 3:5-6 it says, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.' 

Do I make plans for my life? Absolutely! I am the queen of planning :-) I like to know what my schedule is going to be several months in advance....... I start thinking about next year's Christmas on December 26th....... but I am learning to make my plans and then hold them with an open hand. I want the Lord to take my plans in His direction, because that will always result in the best path. Now, it may not be the easiest path,or the path that I would have chosen, but it will be the best path. Why? Because it is His path, one that He is guiding and directing...... and there's no place I'd rather be. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry

You are not God's answer for everything

Forgiveness