Tired

Today, I am tired. I look around and wonder what I have accomplished....... I guess I could start with 'keeping two small humans alive and fed and clothed and schooled'. And then there's the laundry that is washed and dried (and sitting next to me waiting to be folded) :-) I made the bed, spend some time with the Lord, made breakfast, exercised, took a shower, taught school, made lunch, read with the kids and now they're watching a show before it's quiet time.......... then I'll do the dishes, make dinner and get ready to go to my home school Mom's support group where we enjoy  HOT coffee (sans children) and share about our lives and our home schooling joys and frustrations.

I try to remind myself that someday my children will be grown and gone and I won't be as tired...... but I also won't have as many opportunities for snuggles and craft projects gone awry (GLITTER, GLITTER EVERYWHERE!) and sweet times in God's Word during family devotions. Times of struggle as they learn to read and write and times of exuberance when it finally clicks! Times to shepherd them and grow them up in the things of the Lord before they head off to college or a job.

These times are few and fleeting and I need to seize every opportunity to love on, nurture, teach and train my children............. even when I'm tired :-)

                                  From this past Christmas, driving around looking at lights

Comments

  1. I guess we have a better idea now of what kind of margins we need in our lives. I am praying and seeking God's direction on how to correct this...Remove something or ride out the year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry

You are not God's answer for everything

Forgiveness