Laundry

Today, I have piles of laundry on my couch......... so much that it takes up my ENTIRE COUCH! I started washing laundry at 8:00 this morning and it's just after 12 noon and I still have a load in the wash and dryer and two more loads that need to be dried...... I fear that pretty soon my couch will start sagging.....

Am I thankful for laundry? Not most days. Most days, I look at laundry as a mundane task that is repeated numerous times throughout the week...... day in and day out, just like washing the dishes or planning the meals and feeding the millions of hungry people who live in my house.... (okay, so there are only four of us but with the amount of food my children consume, sometimes it feels like I'm feeding a HUGE group that showed up unannounced)!

What does laundry really mean? It means that my Mom (Nana) came and stayed with the kids for a week. It means that she washed our clothes and folded them while we were gone. It means that Rodney and I went to a prayer conference in Nevada last week (thanks for sending us, Grace Bible Church!) to be renewed and refreshed. It means that Rodney and Justice went on a winter backpacking trip and enjoyed some good father/son time over the weekend. It means that Jaycee and I stayed home in our jammies and watched movies and enjoyed some good mother/daughter time.

It means that I have a family to love and care for, that God has entrusted to me....... 2 precious children who go through clothes like there's no tomorrow ( and who will soon enough be out on their own, doing their own laundry) and a husband who works hard outside of the home to provide for us so that I can be at home with the kids.

It means that when I am tempted to think of laundry and food prep and dishes as mundane, I need to be reminded of Colossians 3:23 which says, "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." NLT

Because 'whatever you do' includes laundry :-) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

You are not God's answer for everything